Friday 4 July 2014

British Tea( r ) Party

Hello World!
I have been planning on writing this next blog since Tuesday…nope. Laziness ensued. Well shit so much has happened yet again in another week! Alright lets start with Scotland. SCOTLAND IS INCREDIBLE. To everyone that wants to visit Ireland and go to the Guinness factory and take cool pictures…go to Scotland. It was so beautiful and the people there are the friendliest people in the world. Getting there was a tad stressful. So I bought the tickets and coordinated it perfectly, I was like ok get on a 730 train and we'll have plenty of time after work to get ready. Guess who booked a train for 630? 1830…stupid military time is SO deceiving. Basically I walked in the door at 5:50 and Haley is sitting there with a face like you screwed up…I could not even tell you what I threw in my bag. I packed in approximately 3 minutes and we were sprinting to the tube station. We arrived at the train with a MINUTE literally 1 minute to spare before the train started. Lexie was sitting there having a minor anxiety attack and wanted to slit my throat. So sweaty and shaking we sit down and immediately start drinking some wine to relax us. The train ride up was beautiful you could see the beach and so many hills. So day 2 we wake up ready to face the day! We take a bus and go to Edinburgh Castle which is indescribable. You can see everything from up there. After touring that bad boy we decided to try the "Scotch Whisky Experience", so whisky tasting that'll go over well right? Oh. Wait. Little did we know we got the gold package for 20 pounds and 5 whisky tastings. 5. One whisky tasted like pure charcoal. So 5 shots deep we realize we need food ASAP. We found the nearest Italian restaurant and had the best meal ever. After that whisky/beer/castle/pasta experience it was nap time. We slept, rallied, partied. I'll leave you with this, scots can rage. Never try to keep up with one. You will fail. And hate your 5 hour non-air conditioned train ride home. The end, until next time Scotland!

Next up Tuesday night! So I'm hoping people reading this have seen the movie About Time? If you haven't watch it please. Its not just a sappy love story and it will make you appreciate the hell out of your Dad. So in the movie they meet at this restaurant where you eat in complete darkness Dans Le Noir. So us girls took the initiative to try this mysterious restaurant. Basically you can choose from surprise, fish, meat, or a vegetarian menu and thats it. Feeling adventurous I chose the surprise menu. So the woman that took our order took us to a man standing at the end of the hallway who would be our guide/waiter. He was completely blind and probably one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He joked with us asking if we were red heads because he fancies them. So eating in complete darkness is the strangest thing in the world. Your eyes keep wanting to see something and I'm pretty sure I made up that I could see my hand. Also guessing what you're eating was pretty impossible too! The only thing I got right was ham. Also silver wear? Nope. Hands it is. After our extremely interesting meal which consisted mostly of laughing, we found our what we ate. I ate ham as an appetizer, and then CALVES LIVER, duck, and rice. I knew there was something weird about my meal…it was way too chewy for my liking. So surprise menu = fail. But overall cool experience I would highly recommend!!

On to Thursday and Today. Thursday me and my roomie decided to seeeeeeee…Wicked! Aka the best play ever. Actually every play rocks but I especially love Wicked. Teared up during defying gravity, can't help it. This was the perfect end to a work day! And we went to Leicester Square to get half price tickets which is just the best hookup ever, all you future London go-ers DO IT. 

Work/Learning updates: This week nothing too exciting happened but I learned so much as usual. Okay when a guy is really hot he's "fit". So you say one guy is fitter than the other. Cotton candy = candy floss, potato chips = crisps, their version of crystal light = squash?! Also today I repped my red white and blue and they all made fun of me and played Whitney Houston America songs…thanks guys. London does NOT celebrate 4th of July at all (makes sense) so instead I got tea bags thrown at me (just kidding). Regardless were all going to go out and celebrate tonight and hopefully not get hit or yelled at. Well that is all for now! Updates after the weekend will be cominggggg. Peace love and pimms!
Our epic meal!
~Also everyone try Peroni. Its like the better version of Heineken~





No comments:

Post a Comment