Sunday 20 July 2014

Tikka Chance On Me


Hello hello! Attempting to get better at reminding myself to blog more so here we go. This week was absolute madness from the start. Monday I woke up with a pounding headache and could barley breathe so I didn't go into work in fear that I would get the whole office sick. It was probably from overdosing in macaroons and bread the day before, curse you Paris! So the only time I left my bed was for food obviously, so I trekked my way to Nandos which I am addicted to. BEST chain in London, its like Boston Market on crack but better because they have avocado and beer. At work I had to transcribe interviews that they conducted for this BBC show thats relatively new called Peaky Blinders. Its based on a real gang in Birmingham in the 1920s and has an awesome cast like Cillian Murphy (Inception, Batman Rises--scarecrow, who knew he was British!?) Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy. Enough said) and Sam Neill (good ol' Jurassic Park). As I'm sitting listening to these interviews and typing everything out (fun fact my word doc was 60 pages and 40,070 words) I'm getting really interested in watching this show it sounded so cool and gritty so I asked one of my co-workers if that had any extra screeners I could borrow. Low and behold they did so what did I do on my sick day? Binge watch the entire first season. It is actually fantastic and there are great female/male lead characters so I would highly recommend everyone getting into this show, especially because I reaaaally need someone to discuss/vent about it with so do me this favor people. Second season comes out in September baby! Also working in PR I'm supposed to get the publicity out about it…is it working?!? Its a prohibitchin' show. Watch it.

On to Wednesday. So I had to deliver jumpsuits/notebooks to journalists for Orange is the New Black because on wednesdays we wear Orange! So I had to deliver these packages to 10 different places all over London. I traveled on 7 different tube stations. 7. There are a total of 11 stations so I did some serious work on London. If anyone ever needs a guide, I'm your girl. Got lost a couple times (totally lying got lost like 100 times) but I successfully delivered them all! And got a major workout in which I probably needed. Maybe. Did I? Moving on.

Thursday of work was AWESOME! We had a Need for Speed event to promote the DVD coming out on Monday. Basically these super cars drove down from Liverpool, Manchester, everywhere you name it and then all came to Potter Fields Park next to Tower Bridge. It was so fun! Minus trying to control the crowd and every single person trying to snag a DVD. Excuseeee me sir, you have to tweet to get one of these bad boys. I talked to a family from Florida that happened to wander by the event and this 12 year old boy was in awe, it was the cutest thing ever. Overall, I got my tan on and had a blast. The real question is where was Aaron Paul! 

Friday night was Lexies last night in London so we went to this amazing sushi restaurant in South Kensington and got our own little back room, just like Mikado ehhh? We then moved on to this swanky bar with sophisticated folk to get a drink. I'm pretty sure that was the best drink I've ever had, it had whisky, mint, lemon, and Jesus' blood in it I'm almost positive that was the finishing touch. We moved on to Shoreditch which is a fun going out area that we hadn't tried before! Successful evening to say the least and it ended with some KFC. Fast food here puts American fast food to shame, just saying!

One thing I've gotten really good at here is not getting a lot of sleep but getting my butt out of bed and doing things because lets be honest you only London once. Everyones pretty much gone somewhere this weekend so Saturday me and a couple friends decided to go to Portobello Market. This market was fun and had all sorts of things you could buy. It has been excruciatingly hot here so that was a factor. After walking around we headed back home and took our time and walked around the Primrose area since were so close. Primrose Hill will forever be my favorite spot in London, so peaceful and has the best view. After taking a little rest we headed over to Canary Wharf and walked around and had the BEST mexican food at Wahaca. Our waiter Fernando was the best and I listened to everything he suggested I get. Ended the night with a rooftop bar overlooking St. Pauls and laughing with friends, overall one of the best nights I've had here! London ya still take my breath away. Today we are heading to…Oxford! The land that inspired so many scenes in Harry Potter slash some film locations. I'm really only going for the tshirt but what the hell maybe I'll get a little educated while I'm at it. Cue the Vampire Weekend song la la la oxford comma la la la. Stay tuned for adventure stories ;)

LONDON TERMS UPDATES! I know this is the real reason everyone reads this blog. Okay so I'm already turning into a Londoner by saying things like "I popped off to the Loo" and emphasizing the word week-end because that is what they do here. I also have gotten really good at my British accent (in my opinion at least…) Terms: Grilled cheese/any kind of sandwich = toastie, pickle = gherkin (hence the dome shaped building thats in London is called the gherkin building), bollocks = curse word term standing for testicles, brill = short for brilliant, fanny pack = bumbag. I really need to stop saying the word chips because I'm pretty sure every Londoner freaks out with excitement if anyone in the office mentions they have chips. My bad guys I MEAN CRISPS. The real question is do they still call them tortilla chips? The world may never know. Also how are you means you all right as I mentioned before but I can't get used to it! It really throws me off I'm always like yes I'm fine why do I look sick? Whats wrong with me!? Anywho I should probably get ready for Oxford and get out of bed. Pip pip cherrio mates! 



No comments:

Post a Comment