Monday 14 July 2014

Midnight in Paris

Hi world! Well I need to really step up my game on the blogging because so much happens in Europe I can barley keep up! Yet again another week has flown by and I'm not diggin' it. Time flies when you're having fun am I riiiight? Bad joke moving on. Well I left off on 4th of July where London ignores the holiday completely and pretends like we don't exist. We celebrated regardless and still managed to wake up and face the day. On the 5th we went to see the changing of the guards which is hectic because there are herds of people and pickpockets everywhere and being short has its disadvantages. So technically I "heard" the changing of the guards. And saw where the Queen resides, which I'm beginning to think is reflecting Frozen because she never opens those damn gates. Come on don't be an Elsa, let it gooooo. We also walked by the Tour de France set up and vendors so we got a little sneak peak at all the hype (sadly I was working during that so I just pretend I saw the bikers…) That night our program had our dinner dance cruise on the Thames which was fantastic! When the cruise turned around we got to see London lit up at night which is quite a spectacle. Lets just say drinking + eating + moving boat will never end well (don't worry no one projectiled) we just couldn't pull off any of the dance moves we attempted and heels…just no. Then going to bed you still feel like you're on a swaying boat. Strange.

Moving on to Sunday Funday! Pretty sure the only thing we accomplished on Sunday was eating massive amounts of sushi and then laying in bed for the rest of the day but then…FREE ENTRY TO SEE THE BACKSTREET BOYS! All thanks to our friend Murphy and her awesome internship. Crawling out of bed, we are on our way to Summer Time in Hyde Park. We grab some cider and wait for the legends themselves to come on. They come out with "I want it that way" and were getting pumped. Fun fact the Backstreet Boys are as old as me. 21. And they've still got it! About 20 minutes into their set this dark cloud begins hovering over us. And it starts pouring…well…Backstreets back ALRIGHT. We embrace it and take the rain as it comes in massive quantities. Overall great day and experience! 

Next up we have Thursday night. I met Lexie in Notting Hill which is obviously a classy place per the events that unfolded that night. We went to this Italian restaurant that wasn't too fancy near her house and Lexie calls me as I get off the tube asking where I am and being my guide. Mid-sentence she stops and goes "someone famous just walked by…" What is the normal reaction of a film major? Sprint until you get to the location. After about a minute I realized how dumb I looked so I stopped. Her and her friends tell me that MARK RUFFALO walked by. Mark. Ruffalo. And he came in the restaurant and left. I was probably 2 minutes behind that happening and was sad about missing it. LOW AND BEHOLD halfway through our meal he came back in and sat with his beautiful family and we all stared (probably too much). This girl went up to him asking for a selfie, and he was all like I'm with my family and we were all like respect man respect. But if that girl didn't take the initiative I probably would have approached him and blankly stared so we just walked by and said our goodbyes to Matty from 13 going on 30 and the Hulk. If you look closely you can see his head talking to his little son. Precious.

Friday we did a good ol' Camden pub crawl which was interesting. So cheap though and you get a free shot/drink at every location! Highly recommend but the night ended with mexican food instead of the last bar…noooo regrets there.

NOW Saturday we went to France y'all! Had to get up super early and hop on the eurostar so we get to Paris mid-afternoon. You know the stereotype that French people are rude? COMPLETELY TRUE. Walk out of the train station and immediately get run over by some woman with her suitcase. My toes were her casualties and she didn't apologize and kept walking. Manners lady, learn em. We settled in in our magical beds and headed out to the Arc de Triomphe and hiked up to the top which was beautiful. Then we went to Champs Elysses and walked around and ate some yummy pizza and had AMAZING fro yo. That night we decided to head to the Eiffle Tower and sit and enjoy its beauty and drink some wine and buy some grapes and cheese. Lets discuss how grapes cheese and cherries were 16 euro…cheesus. Paris was getting ready for Bastille day and had beautiful lights and everything everywhere. It started raining but at this point I think I've gotten so used to the rain it doesn't phase me anymore. The Eiffle Tower was keeping us warm with its lights (just kidding…) Getting a cab back was a nightmare! Drivers laughed in our faces it was terrible but finally one out of 18 nice drivers drove us back to the hotel. The Metro is waaay too confusing and the doors will close on you and not reopen. We learned that the hard way. Sunday we woke up and had a real and incredible breakfast. Parisian bread is maybe the best thing on the planet. We went with our staff members to Montmartre and hiked up to the church. Then we proceeded to go to Notre Dame and love lock bridge. We ended the day with macaroons from Laduree which are amazeballs. Like easily the greatest macaroons on Earth. Highly recommend to everyone to wait in that line!

Well that is all for now. Time for another week of work and adventure! Hope everyones having a great summer and I didn't ramble too too much…BYE!







No comments:

Post a Comment